Storage Administrator Job at Engage Selection
• Configure, manage and troubleshoot HPE/IBM/EMC and 3PAR storage is recommended.
• Ensure all devices are maintained properly.
• Schedule maintenance activity of devices on a regular basis.
• Monitor current storage environment
• Perform system upgrades.
• Monitor the performance of storage devices and ensure that the systems work efficiently.
• Oversee IO performance of production along with development of databases LUNs.
• Ensure that important data is backed up at the time of installing or uninstalling any software program or application.
• Conduct tests to check the efficiency and accuracy of storage devices.
• Perform activities related to install, configure and managing SAN devices and fiber switches.
• Execute across-site replication of significant DR data.
• Supervise volume replication overnight jobs and execute improvements.
• Collaborate with DBA as well as operation to assure optimizing storage usage.
• Understand the environment and takes proactive action to do resource balancing.
• Conduct bottleneck evaluation to identify performance issues.
• Administer Brocade director FC switches as well as blade chassis FC devices and has good experience in troubleshooting switch related issues.
• Execute FC zoning for development and production storage volumes.
• Perform Capacity planning, Forecast storage growth &determine allocation of different storage types
• 7+ years of experience in various aspects of technology infrastructure management and operations.
• Knowledge in VMware.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Sound judgment and analytical ability.
• Strong documentation skills in MS Word, Excel, Projects and Visio.
• The ability to work effectively with clients, management and staff members.
• Experience in maintaining mission critical production environment in large data centers.
• Strong working knowledge in ITIL Incident Management.
• Flexibility to work 24/7 including Weekends.
Company: Engage Selection
About Engage Selection
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.