Senior Quantity Surveyor Job at Rider Levett Bucknall
Rider Levett Bucknall has had a local presence in the Middle East for over 30 years. Commencing practice in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Since 2007, we have grown rapidly and now have offices throughout the MENA Region.
Our Client is the execution and investment arm of the Public Investment Fund “PIF” of Saudi Arabia in the entertainment sector. Through its role as an investor, developer, and operator of various Entertainment offerings Kingdom-wide, they aim to be the leader of an entertainment ecosystem in Saudi Arabia, facilitating the presence of both international and local brands and unlocking the entertainment sector across Saudi Arabia with a mission to become the national entertainment champion.
The candidate will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for commercial, contractual and procurement Services for a number of large and complex developments and will be based in the Clients offices. The Clients team are highly experienced and qualified and their requirements are demanding – the candidate must be able to communicate clearly both via verbal presentation and in writing – attention to detail both in the writing of reports and the presentation of commercial and contractual data is essential.
The developments are predominantly pre contract, many are still at land acquisition stage. The majority of the candidate’s experience must be pre contract.
The candidate should support the business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances and carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures including complying with the Clients established commercial/ procurement/ contractual strategies.
• Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
• Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project.
• Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
• Assisting in the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
• Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
• Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively.
• Ensuring the production of weekly commercial reports.
• Value engineering and life cycle costing
• Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
• MRICS membership is essential
• Minimum of 10 years strong technical delivery experience, ideally with some in the Middle East
• Strong pre contract experience
• Sector experience to include Leisure and Entertainment, Retail and F&B
• Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
• Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
• Able to build long-term relationships
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, ambitious, adaptable – a strong work ethic is essential
Company: Rider Levett Bucknall
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About Rider Levett Bucknall
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.