SENIOR PLANNING ENGINEER Jobs in Doha at CHINA RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION LIMITED -…
Title: SENIOR PLANNING ENGINEER
Company: CHINA RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION LIMITED -…
The Senior Planning Engineer is responsible for the overall evaluation and control of the assigned project schedules and performs schedule development, maintenance and monitoring of the planning/scheduling activities with minimal or no supervisory oversight.
They also manage various schedules to ensure that work is completed as scheduled and to identify schedule-associated cost trends for management attention and action. Responsible to support development of the monthly reports and to perform schedule assessments as requested.
– Takes a lead in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations as requested and checks and confirms that the correct scope of work is reflected on assigned schedules.
– Integrates inter-discipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties.
– Reviews and assesses the work sequences with the total project plan.
– Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
– Develops quantity release and/or installation curves for assigned disciplines/areas or specialties.
– Reviews and approves invoice verification for payment based on cost-loaded schedules, as required.
– Reviews schedule data, identifies and acquires information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines, specialties and/or projects.
– Develops specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions for new work items assigned.
– Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties and identifies significant activities supporting inter- discipline requirements and identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
– Identifies, analyzes and monitors schedule deviations for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/work-around solutions for project considerations.
– Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports. Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule and prepares and presents the Critical Items Action Report.
– Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate under the direction of the Lead Planner-Scheduler.
– 4-year Civil Engineering degree preferred or related technical field.
– 12 years of related work experience in planning and scheduling both engineering and construction activities is required.
– In addition, must be knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems (P6) scheduling technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
– Proven ability to perform in a technical role, possess good written and oral communication skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Contract
Contract length: 56 months
Salary: QAR20,000.00 per month