Release Manager Job at Halian
Must be already based in Saudi Arabia + at least 8 years of experience working within Saudi Arabia is mandatory.
Job description :
-Release Manager will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
-Candidate will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments
-This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Role and Responsibilities
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
? Agile/Scrum Experience is a plus
• 5+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership, organizational and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Ability to foster and maintain a positive and creative work environment for teams including resolving conflict within the team
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.