Procurement Operations Analyst Job at MRI Worldwide
Location: Dubai or Abu Dhabi
We are looking for a talented person who would like to work in the procurement department. This new experience would give you the chance to use your natural communication and negotiation skills as you will be in contact directly with the suppliers on behalf of the company and in line with the company policies and departmental directives. If you are looking for an international environment, challenges, contact with people and you are eager to learn and to growth in one of the leading business management company, please submit your candidature and join the ride.
Objectives of Role
• The person will be responsible for Spot Buying Process. (Supplier selection, negotiation with suppliers, sourcing and identification of possible vendors, reporting savings etc.)
• Manage and execute the spot buying process for low, medium and high spend categories
• Manage sourcing of specific goods or services in line with the business needs.
• Manage appropriate buying tools and negotiations to strive for best value for money options
• Leverage Category / existing supplier base to select suppliers for the bidding process for defined procurement categories
• Accountable for maintaining quality and service standards to support the overall company-Client relationship and to deliver continuous improvement
• Understand incoming requests, check quality requirements, follow up with requester where required (by phone, email) to ensure specifications are clear in order to select the best spot buying options
• Research and identify potential vendors, recommend alternative qualified vendors to stakeholders to drive savings, relationship leverage, vendor base optimization, and compliance as part of the spot buying or tactical buying process
• Negotiation with selected suppliers to ensure optimal conditions for the client
• Report savings opportunities when negotiate the best offer with the supplier
• Make necessary updates to the internal tools on timely basis.
• Extract and analyse data and prepare basic sourcing reports.
• Interpersonal skills (able to build relationships virtually without meeting suppliers’ regular basis)
• Strong Communication & Negotiations Skills
• Graduate in Science or Commerce with procurement and analytical background with minimum 3 -5 years’ experience in a large organization would be desirable.
• IT skills. Reasonable and relevant skills in using PC (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Language Skills: English, additional knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Enthusiastic individual with positive attitude and drive to achieve targeted results, with focus to learn, develop and grow.
Company: MRI Worldwide
Company Location: UAE
About MRI Worldwide
MRI Network in the Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region, covering all GCC countries (UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar) as well as Africa. We have successfully completed over 1050 searches since our origin in Dubai in 2001. With the parent company founded in USA in 1965, MRI Network has grown into one of the largest search organizations in the world. MRI Network is a division of CDI Corp. and is the workplace of more than 2000 members spread across more than 250 offices in 30 countries.