IT Network Administrator – Omani National Job at GlobNet
• Performs technical network support and implementation activities regarding the Installation, maintenance, and network administration of SEZAD’s wide area, local area, or remote access networks.
• Apply understanding of complex networks to develop sophisticated network configurations and document procedures for operation and monitoring.
• Develop maintain WAN / LAN support procedures / practices, update network documentation relating to hardware, software, network configuration and cabling layouts.
• Integrate WAN links with LANs, support collection of WAN / LAN usage statistics, assist with maintenance of the overall WAN / LAN architecture, as necessary.
• Identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems and malfunctions related to both LANs and WANs and related servers.
• Oversee network performance, capacity monitoring and variability management.
• Manage and supervise users / outstation Support with LAN / WAN technical support.
• Coordinate, install, maintain, support, and configure designated components of the SEZAD’s network infrastructure.
• Responsible for the implementation of network architectures, including LANs / WANs, LAN internet working, and connections with the WAN environment.
• A recognized Bachelor degree in Networking / Information Security / IT / Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar.
• Professional Certification (CCNA,CCNP, CCIE, Network +) will be an added advantage
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the IT field.
• Shall have excellent analytical, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, decision making and communication skills
The candidate should be a good time keeper and work within time frames. Nevertheless should be able to coordinate well with other departments in order to achieve some certain tasks.
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.