Flexibility & Carbon Business Management Specialist Job in Saudi Arabia at NEOM
NEOM is a new vision of what the future could be. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done
before and it’s coming at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. Put simply, NEOM will not only be a destination, but a home for people who dream big and who want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living.
ENOWA, NEOM’s energy and water company is tasked with the mission of developing a 100% renewable energy system. ENOWA aims to partner with nature to harness the power of wind, solar and water in full circularity to meet this ambition. Energy flexibility solutions as carbon accounting and offset projects as will be a key enabler to ensure ENOWA’s objectives are met.
This role shall provide organizational, commercial, and business management support to the teams in
ENOWA tasked with delivering complex energy storage, demand side management and carbon projects
running into several billions. You will be part of an integral team of industry professionals, providing cross
functional support across several projects by working with the functional leadership team and internal
stakeholders to deliver a smooth and best in class business operation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Understanding and implementation of key NEOM and ENOWA business processes and establishing
- local working procedures.
- Operationalise commercial strategy and managing end-to-end project and commercial reporting to
- relevant business stakeholders (Finance, HR, Corporate Services, Authority etc)
- Steer the relevant functional areas to successfully deliver the Flexibility and Carbon strategy ensuring that growth is matched by necessary developments in support function capabilities. These are likely to include digital technology services, legal, compliance (encompassing Regulatory) and HR
- Lead procurement interface for all teams across the flexibility and carbon by helping to develop
- business case, pricing benchmarks, tracking approval and project spend over the course of delivery.
- Communicate the commercial strategy to the business support functions and secure resources for
- user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Support business unit leads in annual business and investment planning process by consolidating and validating business cases and project investment plans.
- Produce and update weekly dashboards and reports used by unit Directors, Executive Directors and
- Managing Directors, CEOs and various commercial leaders to monitor and understand business performance
Commercial Project Support
- Act as the central coordinator for all new business propositions.
- Facilitate commercial prioritisation by assisting in managing commercial governance forums (e.g.,
- agendas, notes taking, tracking action items)
- Continuously identify and track project risks to management, defining mitigation and contingency
- plans, assigning appropriate resources, and constantly communicating status to minimize the impact
- Ensure effective working relationships and communications with operational teams and contractors
- Prioritise and coordinate project requirements and delivery.
- Discuss with function areas of operational weaknesses / control gaps
- Drive improvement of project functions / ensure functional standards are applied, and the cost / benefit of functional services is properly managed for the business.
- Relationship building – willing and able to establish, build and sustain strong professional relationships with relevant groups both inside and outside ENOWA
- Identify, build and maintain strong relationships with customers and contractors to optimize contractual and commercial terms of projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, a focus on efficiency, and enhanced
- multitasking abilities, combined with a “can-do” mentality are essential
- Good financial, investment and commercial acumen.
- Strong analytical and process management skills – able to identify, prioritise, manage and juggle
- multiple high-priority development items
- Experience of delivering business change and growth initiatives would be useful but is not essential
- Appreciation of the operational realities of running a business.
- Financial and commercial acumen.
- Good relationship builder
- Clear, confident & concise written and oral communicator.
- Confidence and credibility – take responsibility and ownership of Business Management activities
- Track record of delivering outcomes with strong ability to prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to start a project from conception and work with various teams to ensure a positive outcome
- A keen eye for detail and ability to produce high quality deliverables.
- Comfortable navigating change and uncertainty, with a flexible working attitude.
- Experience in contracts processes and procedures
- Ability to analyze and understand research and to identify relevant and valuable information
- Able to determine the actions, risks and end results required
- Ability to respond appropriately in unplanned and unforeseen circumstances
- Advanced analytical interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills, presentation preparation and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Determined and able to persist through problems and resilience to deliver the required objectives.
- Curious and passionate about clean energy technologies
- Culturally astute and preferably multilingual
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investment Management, Economics Marketing or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in a commercial, risk management, business development,
- stakeholder/relationship management and contract management roles.
About the Company
Company Location: Saudi Arabia