Environmental Engineer Job at National Marine Dredging Company
• Supports Project Management is achieving Environmental goals and KPIs as set for the project
• Can support the staff of more than one project with his knowledge of projects environmental aspects / impacts.
• Monitor and ensure subcontractors implementation of HSEMS.
• Implement and monitor performance of Environment Management System requirements
• Conduct Environment Aspect / Impact assessment for activities.
• Conduct Environmental awareness / training sessions.
• Reports to Environmental Superintendent on all project Environmental issues.
• Supports Environmental Officer and Project Manager in adherence to Environment Management Plans
• Performs incident and accident investigations and report findings back to Environmental Superintendent
• Reviews and monitors Environmental Officer’s performance in projects.
• Assists and performs internal management system audits to monitor compliance with the company EMS
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• B.Sc. in Environmental Science or Biology or any relevant field
• Technical certificates in Environment management
• knowledge of International and Local applicable environmental laws and regulations
• Internal auditor with experience in ISO14001 auditing process
• Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon. Strong self motivator
• Ensure visibility of achieved results and performance for the entire team
• Investigates, understands and responds to the needs of customers – internal and external
• Seek and share information and ideas in order to improve performance. Help and motivate colleagues to achieve their goals
• Show respect, flexibility and loyalty to colleagues throughout the organization
• Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization orally and in writing. Actively listens and is persuasive in reasoning
• Able to adequately solve problems or disputes
Function specific experience
• Familiar with ENVID and incident investigation process
• Familiar with EMS audits and its reporting procedures.
• Familiar with use of environmental monitoring tools and assessment of chemical/environmental parameters
Industry related experience
• Practical conversion from legal into industry standards
Years of experience
• 0-7 years
Company: National Marine Dredging Company
About National Marine Dredging Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.