Engineer SDM (Subscriber Database Management) Job at Ooredoo Group
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
The Technology Unit within Ooredoo is the backbone of the organization providing all technology services which enable Ooredoo to deliver its services to its customers across all technology platforms, 24/7/365. In other words, it’s responsible for the management of all Ooredoo networks, technology infrastructure/ platforms and processes to achieve fast time-to-market, high operational efficiency, and support product/ service innovation, and ultimately drive the financial performance of Ooredoo. The department is responsible to direct the shift to converged core, and cloudification in coordination with IaaS based on the newly set technology strategy namely: turning core platforms into apps built on white label IT infrastructure.
About the Role:
This role is responsible to perform a variety of comprehensive operation and maintenance tasks across Network Software domain (EPC and SDM Platforms and Services) in order to ensure high service availability and best customer experience
– 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
– Hands-on experience in working with notable service providers or network suppliers.
– Strong knowledge and technical abilities of SDM (Subscriber Database Management) systems and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) architecture.
– Familiarity with 3gpp architecture and standards. – Extensive knowledge of wireless technologies (3G, LTE, 5G) and proven track records of delivering Subscriber Database Management solutions (backend and frontends, e.g HLR, HSS, AAA,..)
– Strong technical competency around Cloud / Virtual Networking components (VMware, Hypervisors, vSphere, vEPC 5GC, CUPSâ€¦)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software or Telecom Engineering
Company: Ooredoo Group
Company Location: Doha, Qatar
About Ooredoo Group
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.