Drilling Engineer Job in United Arab Emirates at Brunel
Job Title Construction Worker
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Drilling Engineer to join our stellar team at Brunel in United Arab Emirates.
Growing your career as a Full Time Drilling Engineer is a great opportunity to develop exceptional skills.
If you are strong in decision-making, communication and have the right initiative for the job, then apply for the position of Drilling Engineer at Brunel today!
About this role:
- Provide day to day office based well operations support and attend relevant meetings.
- Provide technical input in tendering, evaluation and award of completion and testing service contracts.
- Ensure well designs and construction procedures comply with the requirements identified by the Exploration and Development team and the relevant legislative requirements.
- Liaison with Production and Subsurface teams to ensure that objectives for well construction and/or well intervention are set and fully detailed in the procedures for each well with: Rig and service contractors in planning and operations processes and Well Test and Completions engineers on testing and completion requirements.
- Responsible for work planning and scheduling, for the technical content of all programmes and programme amendments for the construction, re-entry, repair of a well, for casing, cement, directional, bit selection, drilling fluids/well hydraulics, completion fluids, drill string, data acquisition, well suspension, well intervention design work and rig moves.
- Responsible for modelling of drilling load scenarios, technical analysis, contingency plans and solutions for well challenges and performance and lost time reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for well risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Responsible for the prediction of Fracture and Pore pressure for use in the well construction design, and oil spill/chemical discharge contingency and environmental impact evaluation of the well construction process.
- Prepare statutory notifications to government and other parties, cost estimates and Authorisation for Expenditure (AFE) for planning and well construction / intervention / repair.
- Prepare after-action reviews, performance monitoring and final well reports, prepare End of Well Reports (EOWR), ad hoc drilling engineering reports.
- Perform predrilling reviews and multi-function reviews in advance of operations.
- Work at wellsite to gain further operations experience.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten years (10) drilling and well completion experience working for international operating companies.
- Experience in drilling, well services engineering and operations.
- Strong background in drilling engineering and well testing design in addition to a basic knowledge of completion and well testing engineering.
- International experience and significant offshore jackup and platform rig/workover rig experience.
- Experience in using standard drilling software like Landmark Stress Check, Casing Seat, etc.
- Valid International Well Control Forum (IWCF) certificate, supervisor level for surface blowout preventer (BOP).
- Valid OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) certificate. Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Sea Survival certification may be accepted at the discretion of Health, Safety Department.
- Technical writing skills are essential.
- Team player in a multidiscipline group.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Independent thinker and open to new ideas.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Working towards tight timelines under pressure.
- Prepared to go offshore and work excessive hours if required.
- Computer literate and power user of Microsoft Office.
● Company offers great benefits
● Advancement opportunities
● Competitive salary
You have applied correctly
A message has been sent to the employer, you are going to receive the reply soon. Good luck!
You have applied correctly
The request has been sent correctly. However, we have seen that your resume is incomplete. We highly recommend you to fill it to let the employer know you. These are the fields you have empty:
About the Company
Company Location: United Arab Emirates