Depot Welder Job at Black Pearl
Our client is one of the leading rental and sales companies of aerial work platforms. As a specialist in working at height, they have strong experience in providing the most advanced solutions for a wide range of industries, to increase efficiency for high quality equipment and service delivered on time to any site you desire. We are urgently looking for a Depot Welder to join their team
Joins, repairs, and constructs metal parts, and fills seams and holes of metal components; follows sketches and specifications; inspects equipment and structures; follows and maintains knowledge of safety protocol; inspects MEWPs and MEWP components for cracked welds or weld defects and deficiencies; champions the 6s continuity of the depot and by performing the duties listed below.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, callipers, and ruler.
• Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
• Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
• Installs or repairs equipment, such as damaged mewp baskets and platforms
• Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, (non-destructive) and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
• Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometre, calliper, and precision measuring instruments.
• Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
• Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
• Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
• Analyses engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
• Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
• Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
• After instruction installs and repairs apparatus, including adjustment of basic components.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections then repairs (i.e. missing handrails nuts bolts etc.)
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensions (i.e. canopies, wheels)
• After instruction repairs / replaces defective parts / components (i.e. latches)
• After instruction lubricates and cleans parts
• Performs yard / work shop cleaning and housekeeping
• Directly assists work shop teams
• Maintain a clean, and safe work area, adheres to best practice safety procedures.
Details of more specific additional duties: (Including but not limited to:)
• All tools used must be operated in the manner for which they were designed; looked after and returned to their correct location at the end of the working day.
• All work practices must be safe. Applicable “Personal Protective Equipment”, must be used at all times where applicable.
• Any work at height must only be done using approved methods.
• Preferred Applicants will need to be fit and mobile, with no vision or hearing impairment
• Basic English understanding is required, however the main criteria on language for the “helper” is to be able of effectively communicate with other team members, > the TM & TC (ability to understand “danger, caution and warning” instructions is a must.)
• Formal Training through a Vocational or Technical School, Relevant Welder or Welding Fabricator Certifications
• Ability to Read Blueprints, Knowledge of Metallurgy, Understanding of Electricity, Attention to Detail, Manual Dexterity, Physical Strength, Physical Stamina, Spatial Skills, Technical Skills Oxy/acetylene use is an advantage.
Company: Black Pearl
About Black Pearl
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider
that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.