Cyber Security Analyst Tier-2 Job in Al Kuwait, Kuwait at Diyar United Company
Forensics and Incident response:
•Serve as escalation point for conducting investigations into security incidents involving advanced and sophisticated threat actors and TTPs.
•Perform forensic collection and analysis of electronic assets, devices, and log sources.
•Manage incident response activities including scoping, communication, reporting, and long term remediation planning.
•Identify, collect, and analyze threat intelligence from internal and external sources and teams.
•Develop hypotheses, analyze techniques, and execute hunts to identify threats across the environment.
•Interface with security teams and business stakeholders to implement countermeasures and improve defenses. Big Data analysis and reporting:
•Utilizing SIEM/Big data to identify abnormal activity and extract meaningful insights.
•Research, develop, and enhance content within SIEM and other tools.
Technologies and Automation:
•Interface with engineering teams to design, test, and implement playbooks, orchestration workflows and automations.
•Research and test new technologies and platforms; develop recommendations and improvement plans.
Day to day:
•Perform host based analysis, artifact analysis, network packet analysis, and malware analysis in support of security investigations and incident response.
•Coordinate investigation, containment, and other response activities with business stakeholders and groups.
•Provide mentoring of junior staff and serve as point of escalation for higher severity incidents.
•Develop incident analysis and findings reports for management, including gap identification and recommendations for improvement.
•Recommend or develop new detection logic and tune existing sensors / security controls.
•Work with security solutions owners to assess existing security solutions array ability to detect / mitigate the abovementioned TTPs.
• Creating custom SIEM queries and dashboards to support the monitoring and detection of advanced TTPs against company network.
B. Required Competencies:
• General technical skills, includes TCP/IP knowledge, SIEM, networking and security product experience, and ticket-management systems.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and works well in a team environment, and willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host security technologies and products continuously improve these skills.
• Knowledge of intermediate troubleshooting, client relations, and cybersecurity principles.
• Ability to implement a plan to address and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Company: Diyar United Company
Company Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
Job Category: IT Services