Country Sales Manager – Logistics Job in Kuwait at Confidential Company
The Country Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the country sales plan requiring the generation of new business within new or existing accounts and the retention of existing accounts. He/She coaches Account Executives (AEs) to develop their sales skills and increase their product knowledge and drive growth.
Manages the Performance of Sales Individuals and Team
- Reviews sales goals, evaluates, and drives sales performance with team members to ensure performance goals and sales initiatives are on target and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Ensures effective methods for maximizing account penetration with sales team to increase UPS profitable revenue.
- Ensures ongoing information sharing on customer accounts with sales force to recognize sales wins, losses, and best practices.
- Facilitates training of the sales team on new products, sales campaigns, and strategic products or rates to share information on sales solutions and best practices.
Manages Business and Internal Relationships
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure both validation of implemented customer contracts and accomplishment of internal measurement targets on KPIs.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop comprehensive account strategies for retention, acquisition, and profitable growth.
- Monitors customer activity for large, complex agreements via the account management system (i.e., TEAMS) to ensure that both the customer and UPS meet contractual agreements.
- Identifies and engages internal decision-makers to communicate business development initiatives and revenue growth opportunities.
- Facilitates meetings with personnel to share customer problems, raise awareness on recurring customer issues.
- Analyzes business plan revenue and cost drivers to hold areas accountable that are not on plan.
- Reviews monthly visibility, volume, revenue, claims, churn, gainers, decliners, and expense data to ensure country specific business objectives and service requirements are being met.
- Establishes customer visit schedule to support country and district sales strategy.
Manages Sales Performance, Sales Strategy and Measures Effectiveness
- Develops and communicates the business plan to support targeted sales opportunities, sales initiatives, account penetration, international sales growth, and profitability strategies.
- Utilizes and develops sales performance quality measurement tools to determine the achievement of sales goals and evaluate sales team and individual performance levels.
- Monitors sales reports to determine trends in gains & losses in volume and translate findings into usable formats that demonstrate sales performance.
- Monitors customer base to identify international competitive gaps.
- Performs business investment analysis for competitive gaps to search for new opportunities and implement competitive initiatives.
- Monitors and evaluates quality of revenue to ensure profitable growth.
Represents UPS to Local Authorities and Organizations
- Participates in business associations to stay informed of market trends and create beneficial relationships for UPS.
- Maintains a regular dialogue with local government officials and agencies (e.g., customs, civil aeronautics, embassies, etc.) to represent UPS interests and compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Participates in community activities and generates goodwill by representing UPS positively to build on the responsible corporate citizen legacy and promote UPS goals, products and services.
- Maintains communications with the U.S. embassy / ambassador to promote local UPS interests and capabilities.
Manages and Develops Others
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
Job Specification Competencies:-
- Accelerates Growth in Core, Maintenance & Emerging Countries
- Adapts to Emerging Markets and Countries
- Adapts to Local Markets and Countries
- Applies Knowledge of Communications and Brand Strategy
- Applies Knowledge of Segmenting and Targeting
- Applies Pricing Knowledge
- Applies Revenue Management Knowledge
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge
- Builds and Promotes Global Partnerships
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge
- Coaches Sales Team Members
- Committee Management
- Conducts Competitive Analysis
- Conducts Customer Analysis
- Conducts Customer Business Process Analysis
- Creates Account Strategies
- Delivers Credible and Effective Global Communication
- Solves Customer Problems & Negotiations
- Strategic Customer Partnerships
- Synchronizes Global Expectations to Drive Results
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Distribution, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Residence Location
Company: Confidential Company
Company Location: Kuwait
Job Category: Distribution, Supply Chain & Logistics