Client Developer Advocate Job at IBM Middle East
Client Developer Advocate
The IBM Developer Advocacy Cairo team is hiring experienced developers that are passionate about technology and have a keen eye for business trends. The mission of the client developer advocate is to secure IBM Cloud adoption through evangelism, community engagement and developer relations within the clients.
We are looking for motivated technologists to advocate for IBM to the developers at our clients and help them use IBM technology and development platforms to build the next big thing based on cognitive services (such as Watson), Data Science, and emerging technologies like Blockchain.
The Client Developer Advocate should be passionate about helping customers learn about new technology, collaborating with them to assemble powerful new solutions, and advising them on how they can dramatically improve existing products by leveraging cutting edge technology from IBM. You will have the chance to create amazing things in an open source environment, and influence the services that IBM offers to its developer community at enterprises.
Your success will depend on how successful our customers are in getting value from IBM services and their faith in our team as a trusted technology advisor in cognitive, cloud, and data. Our developer community needs clear and simple ways to get started, guidance when they need it, and an overall delightful experience using the tools that help them achieve their goals.
– DEVELOPER 50% of the time
– Present IBM technology with enthusiasm and authenticity to developers, developer managers and senior management at enterprise clients.
– Develop first class developer scenarios and demo apps, collateral, and training material about the IBM platform and tools to demonstrate value and build excitement.
– Encourage participation of the developer community in programs to increase primary IBM tools and IBM platforms adoption in the community.
– Become a thought leader in the market and a voice of our users inside the IBM Developer Advocacy organization.
What you’ll do in your 1st 30 days:
– Working with partner and IBM teams to create compelling demo applications that show the potential of our technologies and platforms to customers.
– You will help with customer developers on migrating existing application to the cloud, jumpstarting on new technologies and understanding disrupting technologies.
– Facilitate customer workshops, demos and proof of concepts about Cloud, Data Science, Blockchain, Microservices, Containers etc.
– Attend and speak at conferences, meetups and hackathons to connect with developers and understand how we can best make them successful.
– Write articles, best practices and blogs to help users get the most our of offerings and help them realize their ideas faster.
Who you are:
– You love to build apps, create solutions, interact with other developers and derive job satisfaction from helping others learn.
– You are able to converse with a broad range of developer technologies and communities, while having deep subject matter expertise in a specific area like machine learning/artificial intelligence, data science, cloud, mobile development, Blockchain etc.
– You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and exceptional communication and presentation skills.
– You have a genuine interest in solving technical problems using cloud and cognitive computing technologies.
– You are involved in online developer community groups.
– You have good marketing skills and business logic.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– At least 5 years of experience with mobile development, mobile platforms, multi-channel app creation, integration, native development (iOS, Android, Java, C# and HTML5).
– Previous experience with a broad range of developer technologies and communities (e.g. DevOps, Java, Node.js, Python, iOS, Android).
– Previous experience building applications and services with cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Parse, Digital Ocean, IBM Cloud Platform (previously known as Bluemix and/or Softlayer).
– Demonstrated experience of advocacy for a technology, brand or cause by contributing to, and participating in, on-line communities (GitHub, Stack Overflow, etc.)
– Knowledge and hands-on experience of Blockchain, Data Science and/or Microservices/Container technologies, concepts and tools.
– Design thinking / Agile methodology capability is a plus.
– Top notch communication skills including writing and speaking to large audiences
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Same as above
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
– Country: EG
– State: AL QAHIRAH
– City: CAIRO
– Category: Software Development & Support
– Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
– Position Type: Professional
– Employment Type: Full-Time
– Contract Type: Regular
– Req ID: 216481BR
– Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
Company: IBM Middle East
About IBM Middle East
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.