Cerner System Administrator Job in Al Kuwait, Kuwait at Dar Al-Shifa Hospital
The Cerner System Administrator is responsible for the ongoing support of Cerner’s Electronic Health Record system, Practice Management System and all other related clinical applications that together comprise or support the longitudinal patient record. Responsibilities include application installation and integration; application configuration; application upgrades and patching; application troubleshooting; application security; application security access management; and application monitoring, backup and recovery. Also responsible for report design, development and implementation.
· Administrator is responsible for the ongoing support of CERNER Electronic Medical Record system
· Will be responsible for application troubleshooting; application security; application security access management; and application monitoring
· Administrator is expected to develop an understanding of the Cerner software and technologies that deliver Cerner solutions along with standard testing methodologies in order to devise, maintain and execute automated benchmarks that are focused on identifying and resolving performance, scalability and system reliability issues
· As a System administrator, you will design, install, monitor and support technology infrastructures across Cerner applications and servers
· The main goal is a system built for optimal performance, recoverability and availability
· Responsible for performing solution-related service request investigation, incident resolution, and application maintenance
· As a system administrator, you perform more complex troubleshooting investigations reviewing front-end applications by gathering information, using troubleshooting tools, shadowing end users, and testing workflows internally and externally
· Additionally, will perform more complex troubleshooting investigations via back-end methods by capturing log files, querying tables, updating database fields, and updating/cycling servers.
· Will be responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly activities required to keep our systems running at peak performance.
· Responsible for installing Cerner system packages and batches
Education and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Computer Science is required.
· Oracle Certification and any other Work-related certification is a plus
· 5 to 6 years of experience.
· Work experience as a Cerner System Administrator
· Exposure in the following areas: AIX, Linux, Networking, Citrix, VMW, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Oracle Application Server.
· Experience performance/scale testing and application tuning
· Experience in Cerner Backend tools.
· Will need an understanding of System Administration with UNIX systems, troubleshooting skills and a good understanding of relational databases (Oracle) and core Microsoft technologies, networking concepts, and other basic core technologies such as Citrix, Oracle, Windows, and WebSphere.
· Experience with Oracle Database administration is preferred.
· Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Good decision-making skills
· Critical Thinking
· Multitasking with the ability able to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Continuous development and self-training programs to improve work knowledge and best practices.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Medical Hospital
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Computer Science is required
Company: Dar Al-Shifa Hospital
Company Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
Job Category: Medical Hospital