Backend DevOps Engineer Job at Halian
• Delivers software products and components for ISA; provides technology expertise and contributes to technology stack, design, development, deployment and automated testing.
• In collaboration with product team, project managers, It solutions managers, assists in translating business needs into technical implementations in line with the architectural principles laid down for ISA products.
• Supports in testing and implementation of technical solutions; assists in reviewing technical documentation, user guides, training manuals, and system specifications to ensure quality, compliance and completeness.
• Assists in reviewing/giving feedback on specifications and information of the architectural design provided by product team.
• Supports in identifying the technical tools and languages needed for the design execution in line with the adopted technical and quality standards.
• Ensures the User Interfaces used for the product are in line with requirements and rightly implemented.
• Assists in implementing best practices, new trends, and emerging technologies that bring best value to ISA clients; partners with cross-functional teams to explore ways and means to adopt such technologies.
• Ensures agreed service levels are met; provides needed status reports to specialists, users, and managers as needed.
• Acts pro-actively to ensure continuous knowledge sharing within ISA to empower other team members.
• Maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including project managers, product, operations, governance and enterprise development teams.
• Participates in thinking and decision-making with respect to technology to the best of ISA.
• Performs any other additional responsibilities as directed by the line manager.
• 1-2 years of general experience in IT environment in a mid-sized company, preferably in development department; experience as a DevOps engineer, Software Engineer is an advantage.
• Exposure on heterogeneous technology environments, experienced in different types of technology stacks.
• Strong algorithms skills; experienced in core system configuration and systems testing.
• Relative experience in cloud environments.
• Familiar with production operations and site reliability engineering principles.
• Strong object-oriented programming concepts.
• Strong development skills in one or more popular programming languages.
• Capable of analyzing data and identifying pitfalls.
• Demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
• Employs skills and interpersonal relations to execute new initiatives and achieve company’s objectives.
• Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPI’s.
Company Location: Sharjah, UAE
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.